Fall 2020 Yoga Retreat
What: Yoga, Hiking, and Nature Retreat
When: Sunday, Sept 20th - Wednesday, Sept 23rd
Join this yoga, nature, and nutrition filled retreat where the vibe will be
'Mindful End-Of-Summer Camp for Adults!'
Wyalusing State Park is a natural Wisconsin gem located where the Wisconsin and Mississippi Rivers meet on the Wisconsin and Iowa border. Known for its expansive hiking trails, bluff views, Native American history, water activities, and family friendliness, it also boasts a large private group camp where our retreat will take place.
It's location in relation to:
Prairie Du Chien, WI - 11 Miles S
Dubuque, IA - 54 Miles NW
LaCrosse, WI - 70 Miles S
Madison, WI - 95 Miles W
Janesville, WI - 125 Miles NW
Eau Claire, WI - 160 Miles S
Minneapolis, MN - 212 Miles SE
3 Nights lodging
Bountiful Daily Brunch and Dinner
Hearty and Healthy snacks
Daily Yoga Classes
Daily Guided Hikes
Other Activities TBD (kayaking, volleyball, writing, fire, etc.)
Kristin is the owner of Breathe Yoga and Wellness Center in Janesville, Wisconsin. Her dedicated yoga practice, desire to provide a mindful and immersive getaway experience, love for the outdoors and travel, and opportunity to collaborate with Sarah, Erica, and her husband Travis have inspired this retreat. She will be your contact leading up to and during the retreat, designing and leading the yoga classes, introductions, and closing, preparing and serving your food with love, and definitely down for some five-on-five at the volleyball net.
Erica is the resident massage therapist at Breathe as well as a fellow nature lover and foodie. She will be helping prepare and serve food, guiding hikes, and providing massage if you're interested. *Pre-planning and payment required. $115 for 75 minute massage session. Read more about Erica on the Massage Page.
Sarah is the owner/operator of Catalyst Wellness Coaching and also works at Breathe. She is a wealth of nutrition and lifestyle knowledge and will be co-creating the meals, cooking, and providing talks on nutrition at the end of meal times. She loves to connect and share tips on choosing healthy alternatives, and finding more organization and motivation for your life goals.
Travis is Kristin's partner in all things life. While he will mostly be working behind the scenes and caring for their new baby, he is available and ready to initiate a game, a hike, or an evening fire.
Meals and snacks will include high quality, gluten free protein and plant based meals made with love by Kristin, Sarah, and Erica. Ethically sourced meat and dairy will be used though allergens and diet preferences will be accommodated upon request. Sarah is a Primal Health Coach specializing in providing individualized nutrition plans to nourish, heal, and thrive. Together, the three of us will create thoughtful, healthy, and delicious meals that will be served family style. High nutrient and satiating snacks will be available throughout the day or to take along on your daytime adventures.
Example brunch: coffee and tea, smoothie or fresh fruit, and veggie quiche.
Example dinner: chicken fajitas with a side of beans, rice, avocado, and salad.
Sarah also makes the best gluten and dairy free chocolate beet brownies :)
- Provided lodging includes basic accommodations in one of four dorm buildings. They will be separated by gender and an entire dorm can be reserved for a group of 5 or more with completed registration and payment from all parties. Each dorm has a shared bathroom with stalls and showers. You will need to bring your own bedding, blankets, and toiletries. There is no tent set up at the group camp site but you may reserve an alternate tent or RV campsite through the park at your own expense. It's a short drive or walk to the group camp for meals and activities if you choose this option.
*What's special is you can reserve a campsite and have your family along without participating in the retreat. Click to view pictures of the Hugh Harper Group Camp site.
- Yoga classes will incorporate a combination of mindfulness, relaxation, and invigorating flows to heat and awaken the body and mind. All fitness levels will be accommodated and Kristin will lead classes with awareness of individual needs based on your recorded level of experience on the registration form. You will need to bring your own yoga mat and any other yoga props you like to use.
Sunday, September 20th:
5-6pm - Arrival and Registration
6-7pm - Dinner
7:30-9pm - Introductions and Yoga practice
7:30-8:30am - Morning Yoga
10-11am - Brunch
12-3pm - Hiking, free time
4-5pm - Yoga Class
6-7pm - Dinner
8-9pm - Evening Activity
7-8am - Morning Yoga
8am - Guided Hike
10-11am - Brunch
11:30-12:30pm - Closing Circle
12:30-2pm - Wrap up and Roll out
(Schedule subject to Change with weather and participant interest)
*First 10 people to register with full payment receive 10% off using Code: First10Retreat
Lodging and Meals
Classes and Activities
- State Park Car Sticker: $28 for WI residents, $38 for non-residents (yearly)
- Canoe or Kayak rental at Park fees, may bring your own
- Any additional food or drinks you want to bring along
- Alternative lodging if you choose
- Campsite for family joining but not participating in the retreat
- First 10 people to register and pay in full receive 10% off using Code: First10Retreat
- Payment is accepted online or by cash, check, or CC in person.
- All participants must complete a registration form to help us better accommodate you.
- Cancellations prior to August 20th will receive a refund less a $25 administration fee.
- No refunds for cancellations after August 20th. You may transfer registration to another by notifying Kristin via email.
- Deadline to register and pay in full is September 10th.